Monday, November 9, 2009

Catalogue Copycat


J Crew's catalogue is showing mini-skirts with socks and booties for fall. I decided to copy the look today. I wasn't sure at first, but I think I like the overall effect.
Sorry about the smile (or lack thereof). My baby sister got married on Saturday and I guess I am still tired of smiling for all of the pictures. The wedding was beautiful, the reception was a blast and I gained another brother-in-law.
Check out that red sky behind me! Isn't it beautiful?
The outfit:
Turtleneck, cardigan and socks - New York & Company
Skirt - Old Navy
Necklace - Target
Booties - Payless
Frames - Oakley

2 comments:

  1. i've seen a lot of fun socks making the rounds on the blogs lately. methinks it's time to invest in some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually quite a "trendy" or "arty" look, but I prefer your usual classic chic look (where your figure and legs look nice and elongated, adhering to the "almightly unbroken line" which is much more elegant). It is fun to try out different things, but I think you do it better with different clothing (eg,asymmetric shapes) and unusual colour combinations.

    All the best, Jxxnx

    ReplyDelete