Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Can't let go...



I like to think that I do a pretty good job of getting rid of clothing when I haven't worn someting for a while (6-12 months generally). My husband my argue differently based on the quantity of clothing in my closets. But if something doesn't fit anymore or it hasn't been used, I donate it so that others may get some use. However, I cannot seem to part with this jacket. I haven't worn it in many years, but every time I try to part with it, I can't. I love the suede collar and the different tweed patterns throughout. Since boyfriend blazers are back "in" I thought I would give this baby a spin during fall.

Can you guess how long I have had it? I think it is about 15 years old! Easily one of the oldest pieces of clothing I have in my closet. Do you have anything in your closet that you just can't bear to part with? How long have you had it?

The outfit:

Jacket and trousers (purchased more than a decade a part) - The Limited

Cowl neck shirt - Merona

Brown heels - Target

Short gold necklace - gifted

Long necklace - Ann Taylor Loft

3 comments:

  1. That's an awesome blazer! Aren't you glad you kept it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a boot length brown suede skirt that I have had since 1993. Its been too snug for years but actually fits again... woo hoo! So glad I kept it.

    ps-just bought that cown neck top myself. love it with the boyfriend jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you have a classic there on your hands. keep it forever! i probably have clothes that are 10 years old. i got rid of the really ancient stuff cuz it just didn't fit anymore =(

    ReplyDelete