Monday, March 16, 2009

I'm back (and with a tan)!

No, I did not fall off the face of the earth, I have been on vacation with my family. We went to DisneyWorld so that I could run the 2009 Inaugural Disney Princess Half-Marathon. I haven't yet figured out whether a trip to DisneyWorld is a vacation. I was so exhausted when we returned, I felt as if I needed a vacation after my vacation.
The race was good, I was glad that I ran in Disney at least once. The entire race takes place within Disney and we got to run through Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Since the parks are so spread out, most of the race is on access roads and there is not alot of crowd support outside of the parks. As you can guess from the title of the race, most of the entrants were women. The Expo prior to the race was fantastic and the finisher medal rocks! If anyone is interested in running a half-marathon, I would suggest running this one once.

Thank you to my friend (and fellow runner) Beth for making a guest appearance on my blog.

Me and Beth post-race (sporting our rockin' medals) and pre-salon appointment.

Our salon appointment was not what we expected. We had our hair and make-up done at the Bippidy Boppity Boutique in Disney. A word of warning, this salon should only be frequented by pre-pubescent girls. I should have known when I called to make the reservation and the receptionist told me they would have no princess dresses to fit us.
....And post-salon hair-style. There were only 3 to choose from: fairy-tale princess, diva princess and pop princess. I was a pop princess and Beth was a fairy-tale princess. Yes, I walked around DisneyWorld sporting this hair the rest of the day and evening. I am pretty sure that small children feared me. My 3 year-old daughter (diva princess) thought I was silly.

I referred to myself as the 6-foot troll since my hair reminded me of the popular collector items.




No comments:

Post a Comment