Friday, March 27, 2009

Menswear

During my early college years, I became fond of the "menswear" look for women. My wardrobe consisted of lots of vests, wide leg trousers and wingtip shoes. I even owned a necktie (which I am pretty sure I still have). I think I developed that style as a rebellion to my elementary and secondary school uniforms. For 12 years, I wore skirts and white blouses to school. When I arrived at college I think I just needed a change. My style eventually evolved and sadly I discarded the aforementioned items. I wish now I would have kept at least the vests.

I wasn't brave enough to incorporate the necktie today, besides I wanted to inject some color into this otherwise neutral outfit. Instead, I tied my scarf like a tie.

Labels:
White tuxedo blouse - New York & Company
Vest - Mossimo
Black trousers - New York & Company
Black peep toe heels with silver studs - Nicole Miller
Turquiose scarf - Forever 21
Watch - Target
Silver spoon ring - French Quarter (New Orleans)
Earrings - crafted by me

No comments:

Post a Comment