Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'd rather be reading...

...instead I have to go to work. I love to read in my spare time. Since I read A LOT of academic publications and research protocols at work, I indulge in mindless fiction at home. One of my research coordinators and friends recommended the novel Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen Lancaster. She also suggested that I provide a brief review of the book on my blog, so here goes.
Bright Lights, Big Ass is a laugh out loud, wet your pants funny, memoir. Her description of daily events and encounters with friends, family and total strangers is like watching an all day Seinfeld marathon. Her experiences of navigating (and surving) public transportation in Chicago, letters to the phone company and calls to Homeland Security had me gasping for breath.

I finished this book a couple of weeks ago and immediately wanted to read another one of her works. Sadly, I had to wait for another title from my library, but it finally arrived last week. I started reading Such a Pretty Fat and am having a hard time putting it down. Stay tuned for a brief review in future posts.


The outfit:
White tank and navy pants - Ann Taylor Loft, Pink sweater vest - New York & Co., Eyeglasses - Oakley, Necklace - Target (I think?), Navy peep toe heels - Steve Madden

1 comment:

  1. I have read all of Jen Lancaster's books, she is hilarious! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete