Thursday, January 29, 2009

Girl in black

When I was dressing this morning, my husband looked at me and said, "girl in black". I don't know why he was so surprised, I dress in black a lot. Not because it is slimming, but because I believe that it is classic and elegant.
You may not be able to tell from the picture, but this skirt has a bubble hem. It conjours up memories of the bubble skirts of the 80s that were stuffed with tissue paper. Thankfully, no tissue in this skirt.

Labels:
Black, ruffle-neck sweater - New York & Company
Bubble skirt - Macys (on super clearance with $0.99 shipping!)
Black, ribbed tights - Vera Wang
Red Mary Jane Heels - Nine West
Red and silver hinge bracelets - Ann Taylor Loft
Earrings - Charlotte Russe (I think?)


Not too long ago, I would have worn black heels with this. I love the "pop" of red on my feet and wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment